CreativeXchange 2018 Session Two – The Art of Observation: Empathy Building with Qualitative Research from Exit Design’s Chief Innovation Officer, Julie Krohner
Building on key lessons and takeaways from Session 1, The Art of Observation led by Julie Krohner, Chief Innovation Officer at Exit Design, provides participants with an interactive introduction to Observational Research, , incorporating principles around the value of qualitative research and methods for building empathy, understanding cognitive biases in research and human behavior, and how observation uncovers unarticulated needs in the design process. Next, a field study takes our group into city spaces to apply Observational Research to a mock design project. A special takeaway from Session 2 is a set of breathing techniques, which build our capacity for stillness, observation, and a more creative mindset.
Dates + Location:
- Session 1: Friday, April 20th | 9:00 am to 12:00 pm |
- Session 2: Friday, April 27th | 9:00 am to 12:00 pm |
- Session 3: Friday, May 4th | 9:00 am to 12:00 pm |
- Session 4: Friday, May 11th | 9:00 am to 12:00 pm |
- Session 5: Friday, May 18th | 9:00 am to 12:00 pm |